The EEGAP academic year program is open to any Howard University undergraduate interesting in pursuing graduate study in evolutionary biology or ecology.
All prospective applicants to the EEGAP summer program must…
- have sophomore or junior standing at Howard University;
- hold a grade-point average of at least 3.0;
- agree to complete a Howard University course in ecology (Biology 230) or evolution (Biology 240), and at least one 200-, 300-, or 400-level elective appropriate to the student’s research area by the end of the junior year. The elective will be chosen by mutual agreement of the student and EEGAP program faculty.
The EEGAP program application consists of…
- the web form at this link to be filled out by the applicant;
- a letter of recommendation from a college faculty member;
- college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are OK). To help track applications, please name this file eegap_lastnamefirstinitial_transcript.
- a one-page statement of purpose that describes the applicant’s research interests and career aspirations. To help track applications, please name this file eegap_lastnamefirstinitial_application.
Email items (2)-(4) to Carole Hom (email@example.com); please include EEGAP application and your name in the subject line. Applications are due on 1 November.
All applications will be reviewed by a joint committee of Howard University and UC Davis faculty, with finalists potentially interviewed by videoconference. Applicants will be selected based on the strength of their record and fit of research interests to appropriate faculty.
Applicants will be notified of their status by 20 November.